Risk & Safety Consultant -ADP
ADP is hiring a Risk & Safety Consultant to serve clients in the Orange County, CA, area.
The Risk & Safety Consultant will provide loss control and workplace safety consultation and OSHA compliance guidance to clients of varying sizes and complexities. The Risk & Safety Consultant requires a good knowledge of occupational safety, knowledge of occupational health and a working knowledge of state and/or Federal OSHA compliance regulations.
This person will effectively evaluate the client’s worksite to determine workplace hazards, evaluate the effectiveness of workplace hazard controls, provides recommendations to improve hazard control and improve workplace safety efforts. Assist clients with OSHA compliance. Provides clients with guidance with respect to their safety documentation needs and helps clients with compiling documentation needed for an effective injury and illness protection program. Provide onsite safety awareness training as mandated by OSHA regulations. Routinely assists clients with guidance on accident investigation protocols and loss analysis. Provides virtual safety awareness training to our client to increase product/service penetration and client retention.
He/She is an integral part of the client acceptance process. Works directly with our Sales Team. Conducts onsite risk and safety evaluations at prospective client locations and reports the results directly to the Client Acceptance team. Provides support to the Risk Audit team by proving information needed to properly class code client employees. He/She provides Service Excellence and works collaboratively with our other Client Service teams including our HR team and our Sales team.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Client Assessment:
- Provide onsite safety consultation services to prospective clients and clients located within a defined geographic territory by conducting client interviews and onsite hazard assessment surveys to determine hazards and exposures associated with client business operations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the client’s controls of the hazards and exposures associated with the client’s operations.
- In addition provide clients with guidance on OSHA compliance.
- Provides client with guidance on applicable OSHA regulations and requirements for compliance.
- Creates and provides written recommendations to clients that suggest controls of workplace related safety hazards and exposures.
- Assists client with the implementation of plans.
- Develop, modify and present safety awareness training at the client facility especially safety awareness trainings required to comply with OSHA regulations.
- In addition may conducts live-web-based safety awareness training using WebEx tools
Prospective Client and Client Site Assessment Documentation:
- Documents the results of all client interactions using eRFP or RAMS in accordance with Risk department guidelines.
- Provide the client a summary of the results of all onsite visits via letter.
- Customizes the Risk & Safety model for individual clients and produces safety manuals.
Prospective Client Site Assessment aka Presurveys:
- Provide timely and proactive support to the PEO sales District Managers detailing by assisting our Client Acceptance department with prospective client underwriting by completing presurveys.
- Participate in special projects assigned by Director of Loss Control or designee
- Interface with internal associates including the General Manager, VP of Client Services, Client Retention Executive, Finance Executive, Director of Marketing, and Client Relationship Executives to assist with specific client issues directly related to Safety and Loss Prevention client services.
- 5-10 years of practical loss control experience as Loss Control Representative working for an insurance carrier, other insurance-related business or Professional Employer Organization (PEO) or Administrative Service Offering (ASO).
- Appropriate job experience in an industrial setting as a safety professional may be substituted for Loss
Control Representative work for an insurance carrier, other insurance-related business, or PEO/ASO experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Post graduate education in risk management, engineering, safety, or industrial health discipline maybe substituted for experience requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygience, Engineering, Risk Management or related field.
- Current Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional( CSP), Associate
- Risk Management (ARM) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and web-based software applications.
- Must have the ability to use the internet as a research tool. Also must be flexible when using internet based tools to provide client information and consultation.
**Interested candidates can apply online at jobs.adp.com, and use keyword ‘136206’ to locate the position.**